Customised Mouth Guards Ipswich
A mouthguard is a specially made, rubber like cover, which is designed to fit exactly over your teeth and gums cushioning them and protecting them from damage.
The types of dental injuries that can occur without the use of a mouth guard are:
- chipped or broken teeth
- lip and cheek injuries
- root damage to the teeth
- fractured jaws
- fractured crowns
- fractured bridgework.
Any athlete may be at risk for oral injury and any injury can be prevented with the use of a mouth guard. Children and adults involved in sports such as Rugby, Hockey, Cricket, Boxing, Baseball, Basketball may consider wearing a mouth guard to prevent injuries to the mouth.
We offer a wide range of custom-made mouth guards at our Ipswich dental practice. We take impressions of the patient’s teeth which is then sent to our dental laboratory to be custom made by our skilled technicians. These customised mouthguards provide the best security, fit and comfort level because it is made from a mould to specifically fit your teeth. You may want your mouthguard in the colour of your favourite sports team or a mix of two different ones. We offer many types of mouthguard designs including striped, multi-coloured and clear.
How to look after your Mouth Guard
- Clean your Mouth Guard by washing it with soap and cool (not boiling or warm) water.
- Keep your mouthguard in a well-ventilated area when not in use. We provide plastic storage boxes free with your mouthguard.
- Heat can have a negative effect on a Mouth Guard, so do not leave it in direct sunlight or in a warm place.
- Do not bend your Mouth Guard when storing.
Some of the Benefits
- Allow you to breathe freely and communicate effectively.
- Are comfortable.
- Each mouthguard comes with protective case.
- Recommended for children wearing orthodontic bands.
For more information about the right mouth guard for you, call us on 01473 257379.