New Dental Patients
We would like to welcome all new patients for an initial consultation.
The consultation may take up to 1 hour so make sure you have booked aside enough time.
- Taking a full detailed medical and dental history.
- Checking your teeth and gums
- Checking the function of your jaw joint.
- A visual examination of your mouth as part of oral cancer; we examine your lips, tongue, throat, cheeks and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Any necessary x-rays: radiographs can be important in detection of decay, tumours, cysts, bone levels and assessment of existing restorations and tooth anatomy.
- Discussion of your oral hygiene routine.
- Finally, your dentist will discuss with you the dental treatment options available and a schedule of works (which will enable you to plan the timing of your treatment) and provide you with a suggested treatment plan, which normally includes a visit to our dental hygienist.
After the appointment, we can then book your next check-up. Depending on your needs, check-ups are recommended every 6 to 12 months. We recommend a minimum check-up of 12 months.